Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blog Post #11

Ms. Cassidy's Class
Ms. Cassidy's approach to using technology in the classroom is exactly what EDM310 is all about. She basically pioneered the use of blogs and podcast and other forms of technology in her classroom. I personally liked when she was asked how often does she let her class blog because even though we have been talking about and learning how to incorporate blogging into classrooms there hasn't been much done on how often or how much blogging is being done on a weekly or daily basis. The technologies I would incorporate into my classroom would be blogging and making a YouTube. I will use blogging as more of a bulletin board rather then for my kids that way, since I want to be a PE teacher and coach, I can post about upcoming events in the gym and about games and schedules for the sports at the school. I will allow my students to make how-to videos on sports that are not so common and post them to YouTube for the world to see.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julian!
    I think its a great idea for you to use blogging in your PE class as a bulletin board. Usually you never see PE being anything other than just physical activity but I think its awesome you want to use it for announcements and things of that nature. Its really creative for students to be able to make how-to videos and post them on YouTube and on your blog. Thanks for letting me read your blog! You have some great ideas!
    -Gabby Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you watch the interview?

    As you know, I am an enthusiastic fan of blogging. I hope you will be a blogging teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julian,
    I am glad to know that you are willing to integrate technology in your physical education class. Many teachers are not willing to take physical education and create a lesson plan where the students use technology. Thanks for sharing your creative idea to teach physical education.

    ReplyDelete