Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blog Post #8

Dr. Richard Miller
Dr. Miller was discussing how to make writing more creative and how technology will make story telling and finding information different from how our generation did it. I think this technology will help kids be more creative but I do also think it can be over used.

Carly Pugh
I can relate to Carly talking about being lazy because I am a lazy person myself. I also can relate to how she got excited about being able to write what she wanted because I feel the same way when I get freedom to write how I want to. I do think her thoughts were similar to Dr. Miller's.

Clipper Series & EDM for Dummies
The Clipper Series is about a girl in EDM that don't like how Dr. Strange teaches. Then she decided to leave school to create her own school which was horrible, and after that failed she got a job as a teacher and got fired from that because she was never there. Her jobs after that didn't work out either so finally she just went back to school and got her masters.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn
I don't think they were down grading the way school is now they where saying that we gone have to adapt to how things are changing.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julian!

    You aren't doing too bad, just remember you must add pictures and click able links to every post to put in your blog. I didn't get it at first, but it's really pretty easy. All you need to know are the links, they are online and in the lab on the board. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You skimmed the surface. As Dr. Pausch would say "I know you can do better."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julian,
    The bottom line is, the way we were taught is not even relevant. The implementation of technology brought with it a constant set of standards that grow more and more complex with every generation. I grew up with an enormous amount of technology yet I am still overwhelmed sometimes by what we see and have to master today. I thought that I was pretty savvy but I am getting a rude awakening. It is pointless to even reference how it was done for us because that is forever outdated now. I have had to come to grips with the idea that the future is now and over using technology today is really not possible.

    ReplyDelete