Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog Post #3

Peer Editing
The video and slideshow from this past week was very informative. Although I have learned about peer review throughout high school and college, this video was more of a refreshment for me. What I learn from the video and slideshow was to always be positive when critiquing others as well as considerate towards your peer when you are critiquing them. Also you should be specific so your peer knows what you're talking about. It's important to stick to grammatical errors that the writer did and the clarity of the writing.
For C4C, the classmate I was assigned was very interesting. She had a very cool story to tell. She didn't have any errors in her grammer or spelling as far as I could tell. I chose to comment pubicly because I feel if someone chooses to post publicly then they are open for public critics.

Assistive Technologies
After watching those videos I am amazed how far technology has came. I learned so much about things I had no idea about. I never figured how difficult it must be to learn math when someone is blind. Sometimes I think we as Americans take technology for granted but this video has shown me that it can really be used to help people to learn.
If I had a blind child as a student I would do my best to make them feel as normal as possible. I would try not to show them any favortism while at the same time give them any extra help or attention they may need. At the rate technology is growing people with disabilities are becoming more able to get over their disabilities with the help of these growing technologies.

Vicki Davis
Vicki Davis' video is showing how it is possible to used technology in the classroom. She shows her students how to blog and connect with other people in the world. She believe that students nowadays can't learn without technology which is why she teaches her students how to look up words and learn how to work new software.

3 comments:

  1. "... technology has came." has come not has came

    What about the iPads?

    "She believe that students ..." believes, not believe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian,
    Your post reads like it's a very rough first-draft. Be sure to read over everything before and after posting to help catch errors in grammer and word choice. You can always edit your posts even after you've published them.
    Sincerely,
    Paula McKinney

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peer editing video was also a refresher for me. Before I watched the video I had never really thought about being considerate to the other person's feelings.I didn't think about the work they put into it, I only thought about finding the flaws in their writing. I have since then became more considerate of the person's feeling and effort. I also agree with you about not showing favoritism toward a blind student but honestly you will have to, to an extent. They will need help in some different aspects in the classroom. I enjoyed reading your post.

    Sincerely,
    Brelyn Searcy

    ReplyDelete