Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blog Post #5

If I Built A School
After reading Krissy Venosdale's blog post, If I Built A School, and seeing how she would build her school I think it's safe to say no idea about building a school would be over the top. Some of her ideas were pretty out there but, like she said in her post dreams don't always have to make sense that's why they are dreams. If I could design my own school I would use some of the ideas in Mrs. Venosdale's blog such as having a the hallways be a big aquarium and have benches so the kids could sit and enjoy them. I would design each level of the school based on a different subject that way the whole side of the school would be totally devoted to that subject. The overall feeling of the school would be somewhere fun and relaxing that students would want to go to. A place where students would forget they were even learning but where excited that they are learning.

Dream Big
Eric whitacre's Virtual Choir Video
Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir video is an amazing video. It really does show how much of an amazing tool the internet can be.

Teaching In The 21st Century
According to Dr. Strange's version of Teaching In The 21st Century by Kevin Roberts teaching is more than just giving information to students. Like he said in the video they can find information anywhere on anything at any given time. We as educators have to do more than just give information we have to present it in a way that when our students understand it they have used skills that they will use everyday to solve problems that may come about.

Flipping Classroom
After watching the flipping classroom videos I think they are amazing idea. I know when I was in school I was always an honor student so before there were honors classes for students I was one of the students that didn't have to try very hard to do good because it wasn't that challenging. With flipping the classroom it makes the classroom more evenly challenging for all students as well as doing more application the just standing in front of the room and taking most of the time. I don't think I could use this in my classroom because my classroom will be a gymnasium. However, if I was in a conventional classroom I would use these ideas because I think will help with the learning process.

2 comments:

  1. What about the emphasis on creativity and critical thinking? What about the massive use of technologies including computers, iPads, SMARTboards, video equipment for learning, not entertainment?

    "Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir video is an amazing video. It really does show how much of an amazing tool the internet can be." That's all you have to say/ What does it do? How was it constructed?

    Do you think you will flip your classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian, I like your idea for organizing your school by subject. Make sure to reread your posts before or after publishing them. In the first paragraph you wrote "I would use some of the ideas in Mrs. Venosdale's blog such as having a the hallways be a big aquarium." I think you meant something along the lines of "such as having a big aquarium in the hallways."

    ReplyDelete