Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project #10

Finding the Right Tool
For this assignment the tool I chose to use is a website set up by the government called My Plate or Choose My Plate. This tool is way for anyone who wants to eat right keep up with their calorie intake, which directly correlates to someones health and weight. All you have to do is go on the website, create a free account, and be totally honest. Then the website will create a personal calorie plan for you whether you want to gain, lose, or maintain the weight you are at. It also tells you what food groups you need to get the calories from. Since I want to teach Physical Education this would be a great tool for me because I could tell my students get a profile and try to go by the recommendations of the website. This will not only help them be more physically fit but it will also teach them good eating habits at a young age that will help them live healthier lives. To create a plan yourself just follow the instructions below.
Choose My Plate
Instructions
1)Click on the link in the post or go to www.choosemyplate.gov
2)Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the SuperTracker link
3)Create a profile (remember to be totally honest)
4)Start eating healthier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment