Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blog Post #4

Langwitches Blog
The first article from Langwitches blog that I read was the one about 1st graders creating their own read along book. I thought this was amazing because, personally I am not very fond of reading and I know I wasn't when I was in the 1st grade. If there was a way I could have listened to books instead of reading them I usually would have done it. However, listen to someone random read a book was still kind of boring to me, but if there had been a way where I could have heard my own voice reading the book then I def would have been more into the book and probably would have comprehended the book better. The next one I read was about Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting which is about how podcasting can teach new words and even languages. I think it would have been cool to sit in and watch as the students went through the whole process of making a script, recording their voices, and then putting their voices into the right order so that it told the story they were talking about. I have to say that I am a little jealous that I grew up in such a technology illiterate school and that will definitely be motivation for me to use technology in my classroom so that my students will not miss out on experiences like the ones we are reading about. The last link I looked at was The Benefits Of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale. This was cool in that it not only gave tips on how to incorporate podcasting in classes but also incite on the perspective of each level of the school that was effected by it. The only thing I wish I could have saw was what parents thought about the podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you will be a podcasting teacher?

    Thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian! I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I feel the same way about growing up in a technologically illiterate school. It makes me super jealous for kids now that are exposed to it! I was also curious as to the parents' reactions to the podcasts. What do you think their thoughts were? Great post!

    ReplyDelete